Tuesday 23 October 2012

My list and "expectations" for Skitterleap

Sorcerer Prophet, level 4 Hashut, Peservation, Enchanted Shield, Channeling Staff-370
Infernal Castallen, BSB, Mask of the Furance, Shrieking Blade, Shield-207
Daemonsmith Sorcerer, level 1 Fire, Scroll-120
27 Infernal Guard, FC, Razor Banner-401
20 Hobgoblins, Bows-100
20 Hobgoblins, Bows-100
6 Bull Centaurs, GW, Std, Mus-315
Magma Cannon-145
Deathskrieker Rocket Launcher-100
Dreadquake Mortar, Slave Ogre-215
K'daai Destroyer-325

2393 Overall

So, if you haven't noticed, its pretty much the exact same list Sam Whitt used back at Horned Gobbo/Rat. But what I have changed is that I've dropped the shields on the Centaur unit (I mean they still have a three up against shooting and are T5 with 3W which I think is enough to get into combat quick enough) in exchange for a skrieking blade, was it a good decision, I'll find out, a infantry unit that causes fear could always come in handy. The Channeling staff was sort of a Dwarfy touch on my end, I'm still not used to the fact that I can't dispel everything that comes at me and it always catches me by surprise when someone gets off more then two spells a game :P. So an extra dispel dice once every often is nice.

My expectations for the tournament are not big nor are they small. I do hope I end up somewhere in the middle as that would be a great placing for me :D. My expectations for the list are well, I'm not sure, the list it self looks fine, but they aren't Dwarfs, well they are kinda, maybe... a litte? So I don't know them off the back of my hand. I'm slowly learning each units strengths and weaknesses and I'm sure I can do well. Just gotta think a bit harder which is fine.

But hey, at least I get to play with the other two phases in the game, what are they called again? Movement and Maa..g..ic?

On another more off topic note, I just found out I passed NCEA level 3 which is great.

Now... exams *groans as typing*

4 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy yourself mate - good luck with the ugly Stumpies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. They are beautiful in their own way :D.

      Delete
  2. The Mask of the Furnace make the bearer cause fear anyway, so you could have kept the shields on the centaurs. Now your Castellan is extra scary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... dammit. I knew that, I was only testing you at my own expense Sam. (Does it not make him cause terror with two fear or am I just shooting in the dark?)

      Now I'm a bit annoyed. Jezz.

      Delete